How to potato harvest!

I just returned from a week-long trip to Utah and I had a blast with friends and family. It’s nice to be home with my family and be in my garden again. I was so anxious to get home and harvest my potatoes because my husband said they were ready. We dug them up yesterday afternoon and I was happy to have a great yield. I got 34 potatoes, counting a really tiny one! It was so much fun growing them and I will for sure grow them again. To see the process of  growing yukon gold potatoes click on the potato category to the right for older blog posts.

I will plant sweet potatoes in this bin next week. I tried growing a sweet potato slip like I did last year but it never sprouted. I found a farm that sells sweet potato plants online and ordered 12 plants for $13. It is George’s Plant Farm in Tennessee and here is the link if you want to order some. I ordered the vardeman variety and I have never tried it, but it sounded like a great type to grow. I plan to plant three bins of sweet potatoes!

On a side note I have discovered many, many long-lost comments in my spam folder. I didn’t know they were there and now feel so much blog love! In the next few days I will answer the questions in the various posts. Thanks for being such kind readers! I feel connected to fellow gardeners like me that just want to grow something. My garden and this blog has certainly been a fun journey for me. Best wishes to all and happy gardening!

Also: today is the last day of the Mother’s Day Contest. Drawing tonight at midnight. Please forward this link to anyone that might want to give their mom a garden for Mother’s Day! Five lucky winners will win the plans to build it.

You can get the materials from amazon.

via: potato harvest!

  • You should also see :